Friday, August 14, 2009

India away from India

Guess I'm posting after a really long gap.. But I'm back.. N here I am at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, understanding the true impact of India's exploding population. Everywhere I turn, I meet an Indian. The term "cultural shock" has been lost into oblivion since there isn't much transition to expect. Though the system n lifestyle change, u remain the same.. Hey.. Sounds kinda poetic.. Huh.. On second thoughts, chuck it...

With Indian restaurants and grocery stores around the city, Indian spices, Indian products and of course the Indians themselves (maybe I should say 'ourselves'), it feels pretty much the same. Well, the skyscrapers along with the muscular cars and fancy roads obviously deprive u of the real India.. But thats just the materialistic part..

With such a setup around, i have still not ceased to wonder if I had traveled all around the globe just to be met by our same very own. But then I look at the professors and realize.. Aaah... Here are some of the people whose names I have read only at the cover page of some famous texts. Woa... No wonder Indian students pack up for an MS asap after their bachelor's. The question lingering in my mind for so many years has finally been answered.. N I.. Hav attained nirvana... Aaah.. Ya rite...

2 comments: